• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fordwich lake- Nr Canterbury, Kent (1 Viewer)

We saw the poster there last week. Its on the fishery gate too. Iv had a nose round the churchyard there. There's normally a few species along that path. Dont be put off by the Anglers around the lakes, a lot of local people walk the lakes. Although the pub comes b4 the lakes sometimes.

My backs in complete spasm, it seems to do it at the weekend when i slow down from work. Not much they can do, physio wont touch it for some reason, the only avenue left is a chat with the surgeon, but the chances of him doing anything are remote. Its all a bit scrunched up down the bottom. Funnily enough my computer chair is the only one i can sit in at the moment. So i can still look at my forums etc, Legoland tomorrow! Either it will loosen up, or???? Catch ya later Mick

Saw 3 Treecreepers on the same tree today, right behind my fishing spot. And a Green woodpecker, Great crested Grebes Kingfisher Terns and a whole lot more. The black headed gulls there are losing their black heads. Good day all round. Mick

Nice one Mick, hows the back better I hope? I have spent most of my spare time recently at Stodmarsh, been lucky and saw the Red Backed Shrike and one of the Cattle Egrets, Spoonbill too.

Mick

Il check that out, which end?

Backs up and down but not too bad. Be alright if i dont stop walking. So Stodmarsh it will be at the weekend. I only thought the other day id look over there soon. Going to Bough Beech too when i get time to. Mick

Seems a fair lot to see at Fordwich at the moment. I didnt have me Bins, only my Spinning rods so couldnt look properly, but now the leaves have all but gone plenty of small birds can be seen in the tree tops. Jays were seen and 4 Kingfishers. With the gull population quite large now. Il leave the rods at home next time and have a proper look. Worth a visit. Mick

Hi Mick, i had a few hours Saturday afternoon. Doing a bit of Piking. Only had 1 quick shower of 5 minutes, quite nice to start with. Its always good over there, looking a bit bleaker now though with bare trees. At least you can see the birds anyway which are normally just hiding and singing. Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back