• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forecast all wrong but a first for the Garden!!!! (1 Viewer)

RKell1

Landrover, it does exactly what it says on the tin
Oopps I think they got the isolated wintery showers bit all wrong....but on the lighter side Snipe in the front garden is most welcome.:eek!:

Attachments

• 040108 005.jpg
    040108 005.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 040108 003.jpg
    040108 003.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 040108 024.jpg
    040108 024.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 040108 016.jpg
    040108 016.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 34
Hi Ray
I think that Snipe is a bit confused
by the dodgy forecast too!

Nice Pics btw :t:
Lovely to see a bit of snow...
in someone else's garden 8-P

Cheers
Tony

RAY!!

You're a lucky lucky man with that Snipe, so ya are! Hope you're doing OK in the snow though.

Hi Ray,

Well, sooner you than me for the snow but I wouldn't mind the Snipe.

That looks like the edge of a fair-sized pond, where is it in the garden shot?

Nice photos.

Bill

So that is where our snow got to! We were forecast snow showers aswell, but got none, it looks like you've had a very heavy fall though.

Wow! A Snipe in the garden!! I thought he was stood by a road Bill not a pool? If he is, then what a bizarre sight that must have been! Did he stay around for long? I doubt many people have one of those on their garden list! Nice photo of him, the Sparrows too, well caught.

Hi Ray.
Some cracking pics there, and what a garden tick. One can spend a day on a watery reserve without ticking a Snipe, and there you are from the comfort of your home. The 'luck of the Irish' no less. I'm just happy for you that you looked out at the right time.

All the best.
Baz.

So that is where our snow got to! We were forecast snow showers aswell, but got none, it looks like you've had a very heavy fall though.

Wow! A Snipe in the garden!! I thought he was stood by a road Bill not a pool? If he is, then what a bizarre sight that must have been! Did he stay around for long? I doubt many people have one of those on their garden list! Nice photo of him, the Sparrows too, well caught.

Well spotted Kezza, yes they (2 of them when I ran for the camera) were on the driveway. Not sure how long they'd been there for but as I came back to the window one flew off over the house, just managed a couple of shots before the other one left..

What a great New Year garden tick, Ray! A great photo of the Snipe and the photo of the Sparrows is a cracker!:clap:
You can keep the snow though!o:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back