• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Foreigners birding in Australia? (1 Viewer)

jimmyjames

If anyone wnats to hook up to bird in Australia, let me know!!!

I'm planning on travelling around quite a bit over 6 months and am always happy to meet up with other birders.

Birding in Far North Queensland

If you are travelling around in our area - drop in.
Daintree and the area within about 200klm radius of Cairns is rated as one the best birding regions of Australia with over half of Australia's species being counted.

Hi, thanks guys. I plan to hit North Queensland (Port Douglas) and tehn Brisbane after that some time in the next few months. I'll drop you a line!

Looking forward to it!

James

Birding in Australia

Hi there, and there is also plenty more in Australia than East of the big mountain. Why don't you give the outback a go for some terrific birds? 152 species at Kilcowera Station and still counting. 26 species nesting right now. Some of the beautiful birds at Kilcowera are Halls Babbler, Major Mitchell Cockatoo, Chestnut Breasted Quail Thrush, the Splendid and Variegated Fairy Wrens are fabulous at the moment! cheers Calenso

Hi Calenso,

I'm heading back to Melbourne from Tassie tomorrow. I intend to buy a car and go birding!!! :p

Been looking at Eastern Rosella, Musk Lorikeets and grey Butcherbirds in Hobart parkland today!

I like the idea of Kilcowera but have no idea where it is atm!!! Got to find some sights in Victoria first then prob driving to Darwin abd Kimberly's up the midle of the island before heading East to Queensland and then NSW!

Is there a sight guide online anywhere?

Hi JJ, you are going to be getting around. I don't know what you mean by a sight guide, maybe a map might help you though. You can check out my place www.kilcowera.com.au and it's in the very south west of Qld.
Lloyd Neillsen has a publication out called Birding Australia and it's excellent, you can get it on the net, cheers Calenso

Sounds like you're going to have a blast. I lived up in Townsville for about four years (at Uni) but am in South Africa now. I actually just bought a ticket to Perth for mid-Nov and plan on hitting the west and then up to Darwin. If you're around at the same time, we should check out the sites.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi mate,

It's been great so far.

I hope to be in QLD by mid / late November but may still be in teh NT. If you want to email me nearer the tiem I am on jameswimbledon(at)hotmail.com

Cheers

James

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back