• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fraser Hill, Malaysia (1 Viewer)

Mistysea

Australia
Hi. Just arrived in Fraser Hill, bird centre devoid of people to get map or info. Given phone number for guide by hotel but that does not work. Can anyone help with where to go. We have 3 days. Did not look like many places to stop if you drive. If walking trails/roads are there parking places near start of trails?

Hi,
I'm afraid I can't help much as I've yet to visit Bukit Fraser, however, hopefully the following information is of some use for general information (albeit somewhat old);
Help: Birding in Fraser’s Hill /Kuala Selangor (contains link to a good map)

Perhaps your thread could be moved to the "information wanted" section, where you may be more likely to get replies.

Hope this helps somewhat, and enjoy your trip!

Hi Mistysea and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. As Daniel suggested, I've move your post to the Information Wanted forum.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi. Just visited Fraser hill this summer.
There is parking at the trail heads for the Mager and Bishop trails. Watch out for leeches when you enter the forest trails!

You can actually see a lot of birds from forest patches on the roads around town, especially Mager road which leads to the stakeout at Richmond Bungalow where you can see partridges. There isn’t too much traffic, especially early in morning. I also found the roads from the main highway at the gap to and from town to be quite productive and easy to bird on as bird waves are more visible than deeper in the forest. You can also bird the Telekom loop road which held long tailed broadbills. The whistling thrush continues to show at the gate by the old checkpoint as you enter town just after dawn. There are other trails (ie hemmant) that have easy to access trailheads but you only really need the trails for difficult skulkers like Marbled and Streaked Wren-babbler and Lesser Shortwing

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back