• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuente de piedra Spain 2024 (1 Viewer)

We have a house not far from Fuente de Piedra. I have been there last month (I’m a photographer and not a birdwatcher)

The small lagoon on left if you drive up to visitor centre has plenty of water with many birds like Glossy ibis, various waders, ducks incl marble duck and I also had a group of Flamingos resting there.

The boardwalk was also interesting as it gets water from the small lagoon I mentioned above. Great location for stilts, many black tailed Godwits, marble duck and many other birds including Spotted crake .

The main salt lake had water and there was a fairly large group of Flamingos as well (Eurasian cranes were just start their journey back up north)

Of course the water level might go down if there is no rain but currently the weather has been rather rainy . I will be back there mid May. Great place
Rene de Heer
www.naturepics.co.uk

We have a house not far from Fuente de Piedra. I have been there last month (I’m a photographer and not a birdwatcher)

The small lagoon on left if you drive up to visitor centre has plenty of water with many birds like Glossy ibis, various waders, ducks incl marble duck and I also had a group of Flamingos resting there.

The boardwalk was also interesting as it gets water from the small lagoon I mentioned above. Great location for stilts, many black tailed Godwits, marble duck and many other birds including Spotted crake .

The main salt lake had water and there was a fairly large group of Flamingos as well (Eurasian cranes were just start their journey back up north)

Of course the water level might go down if there is no rain but currently the weather has been rather rainy . I will be back there mid May. Great place
Rene de Heer
www.naturepics.co.uk
Thank you for the update Rene. I will be in Antequera at the beginning of May so I will visit the lagoons then. Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back