• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji XT1 (1 Viewer)

Rg548

Retired Somewhere
United Kingdom
Just found a mint, as new Fuji XT1, and 35mm f2 lens.
Crazy cheap too.
The guy in the camera shop said it's all he uses, showed me his well used XT1, and had no plans to upgrade.
I was looking at a new camera, and ended up with this 6 year old beauty!!!

Great choice! I've had one for about six years. Sold my Nikon D810 and never regretted it for one minute. I often think about upgrading to a newer XT, but when it comes to seriously considering it I really don't feel the need.

Fuji lenses are spectacular - they've made lenses for Hasselblad for decades. I used to use it professionally and have had the 10-24mm, 14mm, 23mm f2, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm 1.2, but now I just have the 18-55 zoom, which has got to be the best 'kit' lens ever.

Fuji UK service is great too. I bought mine used, with no warranty, and the faux leather covering was peeling off - Fuji replaced the covering free of charge. That was five years ago and it still looks like new.

I keep a protective base plate on mine permanently - Sunwayfoto PFL-XT1R. It's an Arca Swiss fitting, so if you use a tripod you'll need an Arca Swiss tripod fitting. I also use a leather Gordy's wrist strap (never used a neck strap except when photographing weddings).

There are some great online forums for Fuji fans and loads of goodies to customise your camera. Apologies in advance for all the money you're now going to spend!!!

Happy christmas.

Great choice! I've had one for about six years. Sold my Nikon D810 and never regretted it for one minute. I often think about upgrading to a newer XT, but when it comes to seriously considering it I really don't feel the need.

Fuji lenses are spectacular - they've made lenses for Hasselblad for decades. I used to use it professionally and have had the 10-24mm, 14mm, 23mm f2, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm 1.2, but now I just have the 18-55 zoom, which has got to be the best 'kit' lens ever.

Fuji UK service is great too. I bought mine used, with no warranty, and the faux leather covering was peeling off - Fuji replaced the covering free of charge. That was five years ago and it still looks like new.

I keep a protective base plate on mine permanently - Sunwayfoto PFL-XT1R. It's an Arca Swiss fitting, so if you use a tripod you'll need an Arca Swiss tripod fitting. I also use a leather Gordy's wrist strap (never used a neck strap except when photographing weddings).

There are some great online forums for Fuji fans and loads of goodies to customise your camera. Apologies in advance for all the money you're now going to spend!!!

Happy christmas.
Hi, quite surprised you only have the kit lens now, no primes.
But that's quite an endorsement coming from a photographer.
Word has it that if you are prepared to accept 16mp, then fuji haven't bettered this sensor yet in the apsc line up.
So far I am very happy, it just takes excellent photos, but most importantly, I like using it more than any other camera I've owned, except the Fuji X100f that I should never have sold!!

Hi, quite surprised you only have the kit lens now, no primes.

Downsizing. The 18-55 is more than I need. If I start looking at primes again I wouldn't be able to stop, so I'd end up with the 14mm, 23mm, 35mm and 50mm (and a bigger Billingham bag)... so that's £1600.00+ gone in the blink of shutter.

The only camera I keep looking at is what you just sold, the X100F. I had the original X100, lovely, but hugely frustrating to use. All that's been ironed out through the generations and the X100F looks to me to be the ultimate in (Fuji) downsizing.

These days, my camera largely takes second place to birding-while-you-walk and canoeing. I prefer looking at other people's work, tbh.

You'll find a lot of professional photographers using Fuji these days - and even shooting JPEG because the film simulations and dynamic range are so good.

Downsizing. The 18-55 is more than I need. If I start looking at primes again I wouldn't be able to stop, so I'd end up with the 14mm, 23mm, 35mm and 50mm (and a bigger Billingham bag)... so that's £1600.00+ gone in the blink of shutter.

The only camera I keep looking at is what you just sold, the X100F. I had the original X100, lovely, but hugely frustrating to use. All that's been ironed out through the generations and the X100F looks to me to be the ultimate in (Fuji) downsizing.

These days, my camera largely takes second place to birding-while-you-walk and canoeing. I prefer looking at other people's work, tbh.

You'll find a lot of professional photographers using Fuji these days - and even shooting JPEG because the film simulations and dynamic range are so good.
The X100f was just superb, although the V version does have a better lens.
I'm just a happy snapper, so not too fussy with my gear, but I do love Fuji. Tried most, but ended with Fuji.
I'm a paddle boarder myself so aften seen out with my Bins, Swaro CL8x25, on the rivers, lakes and occasionally the sea.
I leave the 8x56's at home for the paddling!!!!

My best friend is chairman of BSUPA. His daughter has been national girls and ladies waves champion. My true love is sailing, but I was an elite windsurfer and coach for many years (which is how I know these guys). You can't beat messing about on water!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back