• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujinon Techno Stabi 14x40 TSX (1 Viewer)

Hello guys.

Got myself the above binos for birdwatching here at Mt Makiling Forest Reserve. Previous to these I got some small Nikon EX Travelite EX 12x25. I did extensive research and the different stabilized binos on the market as the Nikon's though well built, sturdy and small suffer from color aberration along the edges on the subject being observed, are not very luminous and even if light and small it's really no pleasure and sometimes impossible to identify whatever. I looked at the Stabi Canons but they are all models from 2006, 2015 and latest iteration from 2018, I think. One common complaint was the rubber coating coming off after sometime. As I live in the middle of a tropical forest, subject to changes in humidity and heat, that was a red flag. Binos need to be water and fog proof. I truly recommend these Fujinon for birdwatching. They are marine binos, floatable (don't need floating strap). They have up to 6 degrees of stabilization, are sufficiently luminous, sturdy and thick rubber coating, fast loading, can use NiH batteries (normal ones they last 18h hours and NiH out to 22h). So, if guys need some more usage feedback, you are welcome to ask. I bought them on Amazon Japan. Polarized filters are accesible to buy from Fuji Singapore. Love them! Never had so much pleasure birdwatching. 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_163939.jpg
    IMG_20210302_163939.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back