• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gayuin birding accommodation in Merzouga (1 Viewer)

James Lowther

Hello,
I’ve booked a day trip in the desert with Gayuin birding for April. They’ve offered me a price both with and without accommodation in Merzouga. I wonder if anyone has experience of their hotel and food- is it any good?
Thanks
James

We had a trip with Gayuin Birding Tours last March and for the desert days stayed at Auberge Les Dunes D'or. Generally rooms were basic but comfortable, had a small patio leading straight out on to the desert giving great views.

Breakfast was fine, buffet style, with things like boiled eggs & bread, yoghurt and pastries. For the evening meal I had vegetable tagine which I enjoyed - this was pre-ordered, as it was at most places we stayed on our trip so no menu choice. Attached the only photo I have of the restaurant area - sorry it's blurry!

Wi-fi was poor at the hotel.

We had a great time in Morocco, with Gayuin making sure we saw all the targets we wanted.

Cheers, Gi

Attachments

• Auberge Les Dunes DOr.jpg
    Auberge Les Dunes DOr.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Sahara view.jpg
    Sahara view.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Inside Auberge.jpg
    Inside Auberge.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 28
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back