• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gear for digiscoping with Helios Rangemaster (1 Viewer)

Helios & Nikon

United Kingdom
Hi - I have just acquired a Helios Rangemaster A90R spotting scope and would like to link it to my Nikon DSLR. I’m totally new to digiscoping though and would appreciate a few pointers specific to my setup.
I see that, at the base of the eyepiece, there is an external thread (currently protected by a slim, screw-on collar. I presume that if I unscrew this collar I can replace it with a screw-on T-adapter, onto which I can then screw a T-mount for my Nikon. Does anyone: (a) know what the external thread size around the base of the eyepiece on the Helios is (it looks to be around 50mm or 1,15/16”???) and (b) where I might find the right screw-on T-adapter?
It’s my understanding that the thread for the T-mount is standard (42mm), so the mount for any DSLR (Nikon, Canon, etc) would be interchangeable on the same T-adapter - is that right?
Finally, does anybody here know of a website where I could find the technical specs for the scope - a user guide or manual would be useful, and may help answer the questions above.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back