• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gill Osborne's 2008 List (1 Viewer)

Friday, 21st March
Ellington & Cresswell Pond, N'land

75: CRANE * Lifer No. 195 * :loveme:
76: Yellowhammer
77: Reed Bunting
78: Pink-footed Goose
79: Linnet
80: Skylark

Last edited:
Sunday, 13th April
Cresswell Pond, Northumberland

86: Gadwall ~ actually seen on Tuesday 22nd JANUARY!!! Somehow managed to miss this delightful duck off my Year List total so adding them now rather than go back through my entire list! *numpty!!!*|:$|

87: Smew

Thursday, 25th April
Marsden Quarry, South Tyneside

95: Mistle Thrush

St Mary's Wetlands, Tyne & Wear

96: Swallow
97: Wheatear

Sunday, 27th April
East Chevington

98: Willow Warbler
99: Grasshopper Warbler
100: Sedge Warbler
101: Arctic Tern
102: Lesser Black-backed Gull

Druridge Pools @ Budge Hide

103: Black-tailed Godwit ~ 2 in summer plumage :t:
104: Ruff ~ 2 feeding with Godwits
105: Grey Partridge

Cresswell Pond

106: Dunlin ~ 8 in summer plumage
107: Grey Plover

Cracking day - warm, humid and full of birds! :t: Summer's here o:)

Tuesday, 29th April
Alnwick, Northumberland

108: House Martin

First one of the year heard, and seen, flying over the Market Place. I must have looked a right divvy as there's me, just come out of the hairdressers, shading my eyes against the bright sun and looking heavenwards and everybody else is sitting around outside the cafes....the joys of being a birder in modern society ;) :-O

Wednesday, 13th August
just off Dunstanburgh Castle, N'land

114: Great Skua :t:eek::)

Birding this year is in very slow dribs and drabs as I'm looking after a friend's young dog and she is not conducive to birdwatching :-C V. frustrating at times!!! :smoke:

Tuesday, 16th September
Cresswell Pond, N'land

115: Pied Flycatcher
116: Bar-tailed Godwit
117: Great Crested Grebe *yes, really!*
118: Knot
119: Curlew Sandpiper
120: Greenshank

Not bad for my first day's 'proper' birding since early May ;) Can't believe I haven't seen the Grebe before now :eek!: but yes, I've checked the lists and I am officially Northumberland's Worst Birder :-O
Never mind, off for two weeks from this Sturday morning so aiming to fill a few glaring gaps ;)

Monday, 22nd September
Ullswater, Cumbria

121: Red-crested Pochard

Gosh, this year is almost over and my tally for the year is EMBARRASSING!!!!! :smoke: I spent most of the summer from May to mid-August looking after a friend's dog and then again from the end of September until yesterday!!! They *dogs* are lovely but my god they don't 'arf take up precious birding time!!! :eek!:

But I'm free now so I've got some manic catching-up to do now!!! :-O

Spent some time yesterday going through the Year List to see where there were gaps and what species I'd managed to miss *lots!!!* and I've found THREE which I've somehow managed to miss out from the above lists :C

122: Meadow Pipit
123: Cuckoo
124: Tawny Owl

How these three eluded my writing them down is beyond me...perhaps it's my age :smoke: Or, more likely, it was down to dog-sitting young lively canines that took up most of my full time!!! :-O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back