• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gill Osborne's 2008 List (1 Viewer)

Hurrah for Bird Forum B :) I logged on when I got home to have a mooch around whilst I had a cuppa before starting the ironing and, afterwards, a letter to a friend in Germany. I've been trying to do these two jobs for the past week so was determined to ignore the clear blue skies and sun outside ;)
Clicked on to the Northumbrian thread and what was the last posting.....WAXWINGS at Hulne Park which is barely two minutes from where I live!!! :eek!: If I ignored this I deserve to be kicked out of the Bird Club :eek!: So it was a case of grab the bins, grab the camera and leg it up Ratten Row :-O
And......there they were!!! Exactly where they'd been seen on Sunday afternoon o:) The shrub (some type of rowan tree with pink berries I think) was very depleted so the birds must have really been getting stuck in - it was heavy with berries last week when I was walking up that way. I was able to get within twenty feet of them and had the best views of Waxwings ever!!! :t: I watched them for about twenty minutes or so before my rumbling stomach reminded me that I'd had nothing to eat since 9.30 this morning!

So...one happy birder who'll be doing the ironing with a big grin on her face tonight! o:)

125: Waxwing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back