• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Glasses wearers and Ultravid 8x32 HD+ (1 Viewer)

sope0018

United States
I have seen several posts on the forums about folks that love this little binocular (there's a lot to love about it!), but there is usually some caution that this particular model with a stated eye relief of 13.3mm, is not for eyeglass wearers. I'm wondering if there are users of this binocular here on the forum who do wear glasses and still use this binocular despite the relatively small eye relief spec for one reason or another. Thanks!

I'm shortsighted and have owned and used these binoculars with glasses over several years, BUT eye relief is tight for glasses wearers, 12mm of usable eye relief according to our very respected BF member Canip. I wear thicker frames now and have sold my 8x32 Ultravids because eye relief was simply too marginal with my new prescription glasses.

So, they do work for some glasses wearers, but certainly not all. You must try them and assess them for yourself, to see if they fit. Other factors contribute to usability too.

As an aside and slightly off topic, I am in the process of replacing mine with a pair of 8x33 Kowa Genesis, which have half a millimetre less eye relief (11.5), but which I find I can use more comfortably and see the full field of view. In theory the Kowa shouldn't work for me, but it does. It's something of an anomaly.

Again, you must try the Ultravids, it's the only way to find out whether or not they will fit you.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back