• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got my first Nikon today… (1 Viewer)

safaridreaming

actually i lie……..many many years ago i had a Nikon Aculon 10x50 - this was the first optic i personally bought and i basically followed in the footsteps of my father and grandfather who had traditional Porro binos from the 50’s and 60’s (unknown brand) as i had no idea about the world of optics, what good was, and of the difference between a roof and porro….

Many many brands and binoculars later (none of which were ”Nikon”) I’ve finally picked up a Nikon EDG 8x32…..

ive only had them for 2 days so far and hv only got home to just be able to catch the last 20mins or so of good daylight on both days, so still learning how to use this binocular but first impressions so far are extremely positive. For the last 15yrs or so I’ve basically been a Swaro EL user, having owned every version from Gen 1 (non field flattened), to Gen 3 (SV Field Pro) that was recently discontinued. Swaro EL’s have always been my go-to binos in this time and they hv been the bench mark against which I’ve measured everything I’ve owned in parallel and I’ve retained none of the others - having sold Kowa Genesis 8x33’s, Zeiss FL 8x32’s, Leica UV + 8x32’s and Zeiss SF 8x32’s…

In the limited time ive had it, the EDG feels like the closest bino to give me the relaxed Swaro views, with the richer colours and tones that i really enjoyed on the Leicas.

Further comparison is still pending and scheduled for the weekend, but so far really impressed with both the build quality and image quality and thought I’d use this opportunity to drop into the NIkon forum and say hi.

Hoping to be able to provide my (very non-technical) feedback and thoughts on these 2 binos once ive had a chance to use both side by side for an extended period.

Attachments

• IMG_8903.jpeg
    IMG_8903.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back