• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

how to price a damaged binocular ? (1 Viewer)

The case doesn't have a strap. It's different from the case that came with the refurb. The original case is a hard body zip around which I prefer. The new case is a standard flap with clip closure but it's very well made and looks nice too. I carry my case in a little canvas bag with handles. I always leave the case in the glove compartment of my car after I take the bino out of it.

I already like the replacement. I tried it for 20 min this morning. It's very sharp and I like the focuser and the diopter snaps nicely in place. I think the diopter may function a little better than the original refurb bino. The focuser has about the same tension to it as the first one. I'll use it more this weekend and see if there's any color difference from the original hg.

Hi Steve,
You’re late to the party. I sent it in for repair and already received a new replacement MHG.
See post 30.
There was a party? How come I didn't get an invite, Beth? I had a 12-pack of Yuengling. Now I'm having to drink it "All by Myself (don't wanna drink...), All by Myself, anymore." :)

There was a party? How come I didn't get an invite, Beth? I had a 12-pack of Yuengling. Now I'm having to drink it "All by Myself (don't wanna drink...), All by Myself, anymore." :)
Yuengling? Yuck! I remember drinking that stuff. I'm so glad the beer Dark Ages are over in the USA! :D

Yuengling? Yuck! I remember drinking that stuff. I'm so glad the beer Dark Ages are over in the USA! :D
Not Dark Ages but dark beer. Here's Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter with some horderves I made on New Year's.

After you pahk the cah, what do you drink up dah in Mass? Samuel Adams Boston Lager?

There was a guy trapped under rubble for three days after a builidng collapsed. To survive he either had drink urine or Samuel Adams beer. After they pulled him out, they found he hadn't had even one bottle of beer from the six pack. So, the EMT asked him why. The man answered, "The beer had a sour aftertaste" :)

Attachments

• DSCN7174.JPG
    DSCN7174.JPG
    495.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
My replacement bino is great ! Used it this morning and feel it’s the best of the 3 I’ve had. Resolution seems a little better overall. I think my original hg may have been even warmer with a touch more yellow. I think this replacement bino shows less intense yellows and greens it seems so far. I need to use it a lot more to confirm that. This morning was overcast and gray. At one point the image seemed to have a little sparkle to it. The image was outstanding this morning. Can’t wait to use it on a sunny day.

Just a suggestion: if you decide to purchase a brand new MHG order it from the Nikon store direct to get the latest sample. Either I was lucky and got the best sample you can get or Nikon tweaked the MHG.

Not Dark Ages but dark beer. Here's Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter with some horderves I made on New Year's.
:)
Didn't know Yuengling had branched out into Porters! Still....I'll take the pizza, leave the beer :cool:

Sam Adams is still around, and reliable, but the quality has been exceeded by the many micro-breweries that have proliferated up here, I'm sure they have in PA too.

Didn't know Yuengling had branched out into Porters! Still....I'll take the pizza, leave the beer :cool:

Sam Adams is still around, and reliable, but the quality has been exceeded by the many micro-breweries that have proliferated up here, I'm sure they have in PA too.
Yes, many. In one upscale supermarket, Wegmans, they have an entire refrigerated area full of microbrews and empty six-pack cartons, so that you can mix and match and make your own six pack of mixed microbrews, but you end up paying three times what you would for Yuengling and twice as much as Sam Adams. I prefer to use my limited funds for more important things such as binoculars. :)

Brock

Yuengling sounds like something you need to be vaccinated against. But hey two of my neighbors are microbrewers, and they make good stuff.

Yuengling sounds like something you need to be vaccinated against. But hey two of my neighbors are microbrewers, and they make good stuff.
Possibly sounds like something your cows get and that the vet needs to treat, but actually I think Yuengling is something kids do on Halloween dressed up in some crazy costume.

BUT now back to the main topic.........

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back