• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

goyt valley nr buxton (3 Viewers)

Not been out localy for a while ,had a short walk through whaley park a saw about 40 siskins feeding on alders 3 gosander on tod brook res a 1 on the goyt in the park

Attachments

• gosander river goyt 2015.JPG
    gosander river goyt 2015.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 27
Had a walk in the valley yesterday no migrants as yet but its looking good a few ravens and great spots and the red grouse numbers are really high heard 1 curlew yesterday but this morning saw a flock of about 12heading that way

First migrants

Male Redstart & singing Willow Warbler at the south end of Errwood Resr this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_5483-Edit.jpg
    IMG_5483-Edit.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 36
TonyTwinTwine

When you say the Errwood car park is this the one just before the one way system starts and if so is the sandy track the new one built by the Forestry Commission? Many thanks. Phil

TonyTwinTwine

When you say the Errwood car park is this the one just before the one way system starts and if so is the sandy track the new one built by the Forestry Commission? Many thanks. Phil

The answer to both of those questions is yes I believe Phil :t:

Hen harrier day confirmed goytsclough quarry goyt valley Sunday 9th august sk011 733 will be in Scotland at the time but I'm sure their will be a big crowd also a do at the palace Buxton check the internet for details

Have any of you Goyt regulars ever heard of Nightjar in the area? I was talking to a local chap last week who says he's seen and heard them on two occasions in June this year! I've been up two evenings since until it was virtually dark but no joy. But the midges were bad (and I mean really bad, despite the deet I'd put on) so my concentration was severely compromised!

PM sent.

Phil

Not a lot of birds in the vàlley at the moment,common sands great spots ,tree creepers ,lots of meadow brown butterfly's and a first a photo of a green fratillary in the goyt

Attachments

• P1240734.JPG
    P1240734.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 57
8 to 10 madarins showing well in the gardens lake in buxton this morning ,very photogenic

Attachments

• male and female.jpg
    male and female.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 52
First walk in the valley for a while best birds of the day were five red grouse and 2 ravens and a tree creeper in Buxton ,plenty of snow on Burbage edge

another snowy day on the tops red grouse are very vocal at the moment not a lot of other birds about but i did see 2 greater spotted woodpeckers ,1 above errwood making its contact call and 1 in the lower valley druming ,the 1rst ive heard this year .the chafffinchs and blue tits were making there presents know .sring is not to far off now

Red Kite

Coming out of the Goyt Valley from the Derbyshire Bridge end I noted a large BOP over the moor, I managed to pull over across at Axe Edge and lifting he bins found it was a Red Kite hunting over the moors heading down to Dane Bower Quarry.

Across the moors in the Valley and across Axe Edge plenty of Red Grouse and Meadow Pipits around.

Tim.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back