• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great tit (1 Viewer)

Dronebee

United Kingdom
Hi I would like to find out if anyone heard of this before as we have had great tits in our garden for a few years, but this has been different, 2 nest boxes 20 metres apart cameras in both boxes, first great tits nest in box 1, 10 eggs all hatched half way through feeding the cock bird disappeared leaving hen to rear 2 chicks managed to fledge hard work for hen bird, but then half way through the feeding a new cock came on the trying to get her in nest box 2 he followed her back and forth while hen feeding young but he didn’t do any feeding, after about about 2 wks they came back he got her to nest in box 2 8 eggs hatched now he has vanished not seen him for a wk, I can’t work out what’s going on, any one else any idea, I live in Leicestershire

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

I'm going to move your thread to another section of the Forum where you will get more responses and you will be notified when someone posts an answer :)

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back