• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Guatemala (1 Viewer)

Sky2goflying

Guatemala
I just want to introduce myself an say hello, I basically found this site searching for reviews and information about binoculars, to tell you the truth I have been using binoculars to look at airplanes for more than 20 years, I did not know better, I was happy using a pair of bushnell 8x42 I bought at target for $35. When I lost them on a trip to Oshkosh I descided to get a new top of the line pair and after some research and several pairs I ended up buying a Bushnell legend L with Ed Glass 8x42 which I adore, a friend of mine told me about this app for bird watching called Merlin, he insisted so much that I agreed to do it even though I was not interested about birds, that weekend I took the binoculars to our weekend house in lake Atitlan and I had so much fun watching birds that I did not even know existed, now I am an avid bird watcher and I really enjoy it. Also I got a severe case of binocularitis, I have bought and sold more than 26 different set of binoculars including :
Nikon prostaff p3 8x42
Bushnell legend E 8x42
Bushnell Engage 10x42
Wingspan 8x32
Wingspan 10x42
Bushnell legend L 8x42
Vortex 8x36
Vortex 8x32
Styrka S5 8x42
Styrka S5 8x32
Stryrka S7 8x30
Styrka S3 8x42
Hawke endurance Ed 8x32
Vivitar 8x26
Kruger back country 8x25
Levenhuk rainbow 8x25
Bushnell trophy 8x32
Maven 6x30
Swarovski 7x30 b
Over time I have leaned toward using small 32/30 mm binoculars with ED glass and the ones that I enjoy the most are a pair of Mavens 6x30's and a pair of Styrkas 8x30. I just recently bought a Swarovski 7x30 b Mark 1 that I just send to SONA for a full upgrade to Mark IV with new armor, Swarobright prisms and Swaroclean coatings and waterproofing of 4 meters.
If in the future you plan to come to Guatemala for any reason Iwould be very happy to assist if you need any help.
Kind regards
Jorge Rademann

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like :)

Hi Jorge and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back