• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guide for Singapore Stop-over needed (1 Viewer)

David L C

United Kingdom
Hello all – I'm looking for some help in finding a guide for long day's stop-over birding in Singapore in mid-July. I've had two quotes so far, both of which are outrageously expensive i.e. about three times what my very good guide cost in Hong Kong a few years ago, and substantially more than a professional guide would cost in the UK. If anyone can help with suggestions for budget guiding, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers, David

Hi Andrew – no, I've had no other responses from guides or Birding Pl, so may have to wing it with a field guide and a prayer!
Hi, I got the response below from Kim Seng in the end. Pretty expensive. How does it compare to the other quotes you got?
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your email.
I would be available on 9 June to guide you for a full day around Singapore if you are keen. Note that I don't do tours to Malaysia anymore.
My tours typically start at 6.30 am and we would have time to visit up to four sites to see a variety of species. We end around 5.00 pm.

I charge S$600 for a full day tour and this includes the use of a car, guide fees, breakfast, lunch and park entry fees.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you!
Regards,
Kim Seng

Lim Kim Seng
BIrd & Wildlife Guide
Email: [email protected]

Hi, I got the response below from Kim Seng in the end. Pretty expensive. How does it compare to the other quotes you got?
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your email.
I would be available on 9 June to guide you for a full day around Singapore if you are keen. Note that I don't do tours to Malaysia anymore.
My tours typically start at 6.30 am and we would have time to visit up to four sites to see a variety of species. We end around 5.00 pm.

I charge S$600 for a full day tour and this includes the use of a car, guide fees, breakfast, lunch and park entry fees.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you!
Regards,
Kim Seng

Lim Kim Seng
BIrd & Wildlife Guide
Email: [email protected]
Hi Andrew – he wanted $700 off me! Though $600-700 seems standard among all the guides. Around £400 a day seems a lot anywhere in the world, if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back