• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guide for the day in Guatemala? (1 Viewer)

NDT

United Kingdom
Hi. My wife and I are due on a cruise in Central America, in November this year. We are from the UK. One of our stop-offs for the day will be Santo Tomas de Castilla in Guatemala. Has anyone ever hired a guide for the day from here? Cerro San Gil appears within range and our target bird would be Keel-billed Toucan. Any experiences / advice / contact details would be very welcome. Thank you, Nick T.

Santo Tomas de Castilla is a bit off the beaten track as far as most birding trips are concerned. Most guides are based in the south/southwest or around Tikal in the north. Probably the best bet would be contact a guide from one of those areas and see if they would be willing to drive and meet your cruise when you arrive. Unless others know different.... Cheers, Jon

Santo Tomas de Castilla is a bit off the beaten track as far as most birding trips are concerned. Most guides are based in the south/southwest or around Tikal in the north. Probably the best bet would be contact a guide from one of those areas and see if they would be willing to drive and meet your cruise when you arrive. Unless others know different.... Cheers, Jon
Thanks for that Jon, it’s what I feared but I will look at options and see if they are willing to travel. Cheers, Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back