• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guide in Orlando (1 Viewer)

Owene

Wales
It seems quite likely that we'll be doing an orlando family theme parks holiday next summer. And that I'll probably not have access to a car. I've a handful of American birds on my list from scouring old photos of a similar holiday when I was a teen :) and have seen some of the commoner vagrant ducks and waders here in the UK but otherwise everything I see will be new.

I'd imagine quite a few people here have done similar holidays in the past, has anyone managed to arrange a days guiding while they are there or know of anybody reliable to show me a reserve or two?

Over a decade ago I did a week in Florida staying with some friends who were doing the theme parks. I got some great information from a request on the Florida sub-forum and had no difficulty finding sites or birds. But I did have a car which made it very easy to get around. Not much help, I'm afraid, as you may need someone to drive you around - but I'm sure you'll have a great time and add some nice stuff to your list.

Google "The Great Florida Birding Trail" which is a guide to birding sites in the state - I printed off the map sections closest to where I was staying and got all the information about where to go and where my targets might be found.

Igonz1008 on birdforum is a Florida based guide and may well be able to offer day trips. He's also genuine helpful in my experience of corresponding with him.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back