• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Habicht 7x42 GA occular aftermaket covers?? (1 Viewer)

Northman

I was wondering if anybody knows of occular hood/protection caps that fit the Swarovski Habicht 7x42 GA model?

The supplied one will only fit when IPD is down to 58-62, while my IPD is 68-69. So I would have to adjust and fiddle with IPD every single time I wanted to look at something. And then again when I put them down. That was just not an option…

So I sent them back… but I am still thinking about them 3 weeks later.

If anybody knows for a fact a product that fits the Green GA occulars, and will let the IPD stay at my 68-69 setting, let me know, and I will most likely buy it back again.

Cost of buying and shipping just to try out is a bit expensive, but if anybody know for a fact of a product, and prefrably greenish in color.

There was just something about them… just so easy to look through.

Opticron have a range of rainguards that do work well (unfortunately my favourite, the "universal rainguard" - a clone of the traditional Zeiss model - has been discontinued). Pete G from Opticron posts here and may be able to recommend you a specific model/size.

Maybe it might be easier to find an old Zeiss rainguard, or ex-military rainguard (the latter would likely be green, too). Someone here may have one to sell if you put up a request in the Wanted subforum?

Northman, you should post your country, location at least so we can offer you some help.
I found a Zeiss eyepiece rainguard at B&H photo, NYC for $19.00 that would work well.
Better than the large Dialyt type.
I have a 8x30 BGA, and it would not mind if it has a Zeiss rainguard. :rolleyes:
Jerry

I have a 8x30 BGA, and it would not mind if it has a Zeiss rainguard. :rolleyes:
Hi Jerry, off topic i know but I’m curious what 8x30 BGA you have. Swarovski? IF or CF?
EDIT: sorry must be the Dialyt ofcourse, just had only one coffee 😆

Last edited:
I was wondering if anybody knows of occular hood/protection caps that fit the Swarovski Habicht 7x42 GA model?.
I just tried if the lens caps of my Leica UVHD 7x42 will fit my Swarovski 10x40 GA and they do. Not the best fit but doable.
Now I don’t know if the 10x has the same eyepiece/ocular setup as the 7x….

EDIT: they are the same:
Post in thread 'Leica Ultravid 8x20, Nikon 8x30 E II or 8x30 Habicht?'
Leica Ultravid 8x20, Nikon 8x30 E II or 8x30 Habicht?

Last edited:
Are you referring to this?

I would like an ocular cover for my 10x40 habicht w ga that aren't limited to the bins being in closed position or close to it.

I happen to live in NYC so I could go to the store if they're only available there. Thanks.

Also if OP found something let us know. I think the habicht are worth keeping with or without proper ocular covers.

I understand now. I thought the big oval eyepiece cap seemed unique. I suppose if it was longer than it probably couldn't hold onto the EPs in closed position. So they chose the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back