• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Harrier species (1 Viewer)

condor1992

Spain
Quite a while before I saw the confirmed pallid harrier at Warham Greens on Thursday, I was observing a very strangely-coloured ringtail harrier for some time. It is of an unusual colour, in my opinion, to the hen harriers I am used to. These are the best photos I could obtain. I waited to see when it took flight, but then got distracted, so didn't see how many primaries it had. Is this the pallid harrier as well, or just a bizarre hen harrier? The pallid harrier is in its 3rd calendar year
IMG20240104142216.jpgIMG20240104142203.jpgIMG20240104142205.jpg

Please always give the country and region. Thanks.
I don't know what it is. But - if it's a bird, and if it's a raptor - it's a buzzard (if it's anywhere that common buzzard lives).

Please always give the country and region. Thanks.
I don't know what it is. But - if it's a bird, and if it's a raptor - it's a buzzard (if it's anywhere that common buzzard lives).
Warham Greens - Norfolk, England. But I am sure you really knew that.

Agree it looks very Common Buzzard ish

I can attest to it being a harrier- the tail was too long for a buzzard. I am starting to think it is a marsh harrier too

I can attest to it being a harrier- the tail was too long for a buzzard. I am starting to think it is a marsh harrier too
so after thinking pallid........hen..........but never once considered the most common harrier.......marsh. which it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back