• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawks and Warblers Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

BikeandBird

Hello all,

photographed these birds yesterday around San Gerardo de Dota, Costa Rica

1) looks like Accipiter to me, but only seen very briefly and poor photo. Appeared relatively big and with rather slong wing beat for Accipiter. Don't know if it is at all IDable
2) only seen briefly in the rain, relatively small, not experienced with the hawks here, maybe immature Broad-winged?
3)?
4) and 5) Black-throated Green Warbler?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Leo

Attachments

• IMG_6910.jpg
    IMG_6910.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7532.jpg
    IMG_7532.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7329.jpg
    IMG_7329.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7343.jpg
    IMG_7343.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7419 (1).jpg
    IMG_7419 (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
I think first is probably an accipiter too: perhaps Cooper's hawk. Doesn't look long tailed but photo doesn't allow us to accurately assess this. Not a Buteo with those wing, tail bars

Second = broad-wing

Others = black-throated green (green mantle visible on all I think)

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back