• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello and HELP (1 Viewer)

Artbrosius

United States
We are retired. We live in PA.
We have no garages for our Cars.
A Robin has decided that one of our cars is to be his home. He sits and stares. He marches up the hood then the roof pecking on the car as if he were finding food.
He will select different places to sit from the top to a door handle.
I put a carpet on the to discourage that location. He then went under the car and hung out there. I then moved the car to another location. A few hours later he has come back.
You should see the bird dirt.
This is day three.
Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

ArtBrosius

Hi ArtBrosius and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Not sure all the issues are the same here, but I'll suggest one and maybe that might help. I've a feeling he's seeing his reflection in some of the shiny bits and thinking this is a rival. Would it be possible to move it to a shadier part so not so much of the car reflects back. The carpet, I think covered some of the problem areas but not all.

What could be the difference between that car and the other one (position ie direction of light?) Try one or two things and please let us know if you get any results. This is likely to continue only for a few weeks while the breeding season is in full swing.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Sorry, can’t help with your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back