• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello everybody! Just joined. Learning bird photography with mixed results! (1 Viewer)

Anna Kastner

Scotland
I have just joined this forum as I was looking for some answers when using a NIKON P950 to photograph birds in bright sunlight against a moving (water) background. Have tried various settings. This Black Guillemot was f/8 1/400 IS0 200 214mm. Not too bad but a lot of my photos are coming out not sharp at all and with noisy edges. Is this due to water movement, sunlight or what? I can't figure it out. When I reduce IS0 in order to compensate for a higher shutter speed, it's even worse. Anyway, someone else seems to have had the same problem so I was just wanting to see their photos and whether they found a solution.

Attachments

• DSCN9810 EDIT 2.JPG
    DSCN9810 EDIT 2.JPG
    639.6 KB · Views: 14
Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. If you post your photos asking for help in the Nikon forum:
somebody is sure to help.

Hi Anna and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi/Anna/and/a/warm/welcome/to/you!

Your/photo/of/the/Black Guillemot/is/beautiful/so/it/appears/you/don't/have/far/to/go:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back