• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hello from BC,Canada (1 Viewer)

Hollymoto

Hi everyone: hello to all my fellow bird enthusiasts. I am a huge nature lover especially birds! I live on a farm with many birds around usually looking to eat one of my chickens. Hawks,bald eages,blue jays,owls,mourning doves,,plus many smaller birds that are not predators. One of my favorites is the barn swallow. There are many of them swooping around here and in fact one couple is nesting in my garage which is open to the elements. Despite the fact that we own 5 cats they have insisted on risking raising their young here. It is a full time job for me to keep a watchful eye on 1 cat to make sure he does not injure(or worse) either bird. I think they are aware of my concern as they are very observant.:cat: I hope it is ok that I have rambled on a bit. I apologize if I am out of line here. However my concern is about the swallows that are currently nesting with us. I will look for the appropriate forum.

Hi Hollymoto and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

You might like to have a read of this thread, it might give you some ideas of how to help protect the birds from your cats.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Holly and a warm welcome to you from me in Myrtle Beach :t:

Ramble all you like as we enjoy reading what's going on in everyone's bird life ;)

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi Holly and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the site.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back