• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Florida. (2 Viewers)

Floridaboy

United States
The Florida panhandle to be more accurate. Been a bird watcher for most of my years but not one to keep a list. Just notice new birds that I have not seen and look them up. My wife and I for over 20 years looked after injured or orphan wild life for the Florida Fish and Game. We raised many different species of birds over the years.

I have a new problem that I was hoping to get some answers. Until the last few months we have always had cardinals at our feeders. One feeder has been replaced recently but it still feeds other birds without problem. The cardinals raised many babys in the yard. They were there all summer. and now there are none. I used to see as many as 6 at one time. I don't remember them migrating or there not being some around all the time.

Any ideas would be a help.

Hi Floridaboy and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've often wondered what "panhandle" actually means - we don't use that term over here.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thanks for the welcome from all you.

The Florida Panhandle is that part of the state bordered on the North by Alabama, on the South by the Gulf of Mexico, on the East by the Apalachicola river and on the West by Alabama again. We are not like the rest of the state.

It is mostly rural except for the beaches. The area is mostly forest and farms. A lot of wild life as well as an abundance of birds. Most of the birds are here during migration when it is winter up north. During the summer we get birds that are not seen in the US following storms.

Thanks for the welcome from all you.

The Florida Panhandle is that part of the state bordered on the North by Alabama, on the South by the Gulf of Mexico, on the East by the Apalachicola river and on the West by Alabama again. We are not like the rest of the state.

It is mostly rural except for the beaches. The area is mostly forest and farms. A lot of wild life as well as an abundance of birds. Most of the birds are here during migration when it is winter up north. During the summer we get birds that are not seen in the US following storms.
Thanks... I can see now how the shape gave it the name.

So simple, but puzzled me for years LOL

Hi, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum. I think you will enjoy the site.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back