• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Tennessee! (1 Viewer)

ceotrap

United States
I’m just a bird feeder/watcher. I just enjoy feeding them and watching their behaviors in their little groups. I’m always hoping for a bird I’ve never seen before. I joined because I’m worried about a bird that I’ve recently viewed in my video feeder. I can’t find any information online regarding what I’m seeing and hearing. It makes a strange sound or at least a sound I wasn’t expecting to hear. It’s more of a whimpering goose cry, or a donkey. Has anyone seen this before? I’m hoping it’s nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_6576.jpeg
    IMG_6576.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6575.jpeg
    IMG_6575.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 22
Hi and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Not sure what bird that is, nor what is wrong with it. I think I'll move your post to the ID forum as there may be more people there who can help you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Not sure what is wrong with it, possibly just a strange call. Looks good for a juvenile house finch though.

Welcome to BF.
It's an adult female or unsexable juvenile house finch - which looks perfectly healthy. I'm afraid the video isn't long enough to get a sense of what's actually going on. I think the sound may be coming from somewhere other than that bird.

Hi, can’t help with your question other than to agree it is a house finch. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back