• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Toulouse, the pink city (2 Viewers)

MIKADO

France
I am a 77 year old man who has just discovered a budding passion for digiscoping. I just came back from a trip to Costa Rica where I had the chance to observe some magnificent birds including the quetzal. This is thanks to a wonderful guide whose photo equipment "caught my eye". I have had a BRESSER Condor 20-60x85 spotting scope for a few years and recently an iPhone 13 PRO. The challenge for me is to combine the two. So I will post in the right place to try to get help for my future purchases. Thank you for welcoming me into your community.

Hi MIKADO and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hey there MIKADO and a warm welcome from me as well! This place is fantastic and whenever you need help, it is always there. Hope to see you around :).

Ev

Hi there and a warm welcome to you (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

By way of introduction, here is the emblematic female quetzal, symbol of Guatemala, recently encountered in Costa Rica.

Attachments

• _quetzal_femelle.png
    _quetzal_femelle.png
    17.2 MB · Views: 4
I am a 77 year old man who has just discovered a budding passion for digiscoping. I just came back from a trip to Costa Rica where I had the chance to observe some magnificent birds including the quetzal. This is thanks to a wonderful guide whose photo equipment "caught my eye". I have had a BRESSER Condor 20-60x85 spotting scope for a few years and recently an iPhone 13 PRO. The challenge for me is to combine the two. So I will post in the right place to try to get help for my future purchases. Thank you for welcoming me into your community.
Hi Mikado sounds like we have something in common , I use my Hawke Endurance 20/80 scope with a Celestron adaptor to attach my i-phone 10se to. I have had reasonable success at capturing some very long shots of wildlife. I will continue to try and hone my methods but must say it’s great fun attempting to get pics by another photo medium. All the best in your endeavours.

Hi Mikado sounds like we have something in common. I have been attempting to do digiscoping with my Hawke Endurance 20/80 scope and attaching my I-phone 10se via a Celestron adaptor.
I am in the early stages of trials but can say I am pleased with the results with pictures of birds at distance which I would normally be unable to capture with my normal camera.
I wish you every success with your future endeavours.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back