• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! (2 Viewers)

Mr Wildlife

United Kingdom
Hi everyone,i have been reading this forum for quite a while now and find it fascinating.
I have many cameras fixed around my garden and watch foxes , hedgehogs , the occasional badger and mainly birds.
One of my nest boxes recently saw 12 bluetit eggs laid and 10 hatched.
Both parents fed regularly and last night the surviving 9 looked ready to go - i believe 1 actually did but it was getting hard to count due to all the activity and their size!
I have joined today as when going to view the brood to see if they had gone - i was shocked to see them all laying in the nest dead!
There are no signs on the outer of the box to suggest predator entry and indeed , all the bodies are still inside?
It looks like from the cameras that they have each been attacked - possibly pecked to death but i cannot be sure?
Any suggestions as to what may have happened would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back