• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help for new carer. (1 Viewer)

DGB99

United Kingdom
Hi I am new to the forum and have accidentally become a carer to a chick I found on our drive yesterday.

I have been ensuring it has water and feeding it grubs and bits of worms. It seems to be responding well and doesn't seem injured.

Can anyone please tell me what type of bird it is, any ideas how old it is and how old it will need to be before it flees for the wider world.

Found in the Midlands in the UK.

Thanks
Damien

Attachments

• IMG-20230701-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230701-WA0002.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 6
2476.8535.0474.7652.7080.5658.5657.baby-bird-infographic_5F00_blacktext-final.jpg

Welcome to Birdforum.

You may find this helpful.

The best thing you can do is to return it to where you found it. It has fledged the nest and its parents will be nearby.

Hi, I do think it's s fledging and that flow chart is really helpful thanks. Unfortunately there are lots of cats in the area so doing nothing isn't really an option as there is no safe space outside. Any idea what kind if bird it might be?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back