• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help needed with bird ID in Richardson, TX (1 Viewer)

cresting_wave

I wonder if someone can help me ID this little guy. I call him the gearbird; similarly a friend compares these to creaky swingsets lol. I've searched both online and in Cornell's Merlin app to no avail. I'm almost starting to wonder if maybe he's a mockingbird imitating something not local to me. I'm legally blind so don't have any pics, but I did manage to snag a WhatsApp recording of him yesterday after nearly four months of trying, so that was a victory in itself lol. He makes another call (not captured) that sounds like, "Yoyoy? Yoyoy?" He makes me smile, and I'd love to know his name. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Gearbird.mp3
    153.7 KB · Views: 33
Your bird sounds like a Blue Jay to me. They make a wide variety of calls, even mimicking the calls of hawks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back