• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help please with attaching eyepiece (1 Viewer)

bruesh

United States
I bought the pentax pf-80 straight scope without the eyepiece, and the baader mark iv 8-24. I am not able to figure out how to attach the eyepiece and can’t find any resources that show how.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hopefully you'll get suggestions shortly.

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hopefully you'll get suggestions shortly.
Thank you that is very kind I really appreciate that!

Check out this thread on doing what you want in your post 1

Check out this thread on doing what you want in your post 1

awesome, I appreciate that!
God be with you

I bought the pentax pf-80 straight scope without the eyepiece, and the baader mark iv 8-24. I am not able to figure out how to attach the eyepiece and can’t find any resources that show how.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you
Curious about the Baader Mk IV…..Does it reach focus on your Pentax?

Curious about the Baader Mk IV…..Does it reach focus on your Pentax?
it does not reach infinity focus because of the baader locking ring that holds on the nose piece. I have hooked it up without the locking ring and it then reaches infinity focus easily. Here is a thread where it is discussed about the different options to hook it up and gain infinity focus without the locking ring that comes with the baader, or by modifying the ring.
I am probably going to grind off the front part of the baader locking ring that hits the pentax scope too early preventing it from sitting down all the way.
The problem is not the little nub in the pentax at the bottom of where the nose piece goes. That is perfectly fine and does not interfere at all.
I think the eyepiece is really good and worth the bit of extra work needed for it to gain infinity focus.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back