• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help to ID hummingbird (1 Viewer)

DivineFire

United States
I never had the honor of seeing a live hummingbird until moving from the UK to the USA , I am in Arizona . Now I see them every day , only I have no idea what species I have as visitors, I have tried to id from online image sources and I am sorry to say I am confused , so I managed to garb a couple of shots not the best these guys are fast lol . Can I please ask for your help in ID of them if the photos are not to bad .
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0077 (2).JPG
    IMG_0077 (2).JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 1cd98aaf-035f-441f-92a0-8e25ac938b47 (2).jpg
    1cd98aaf-035f-441f-92a0-8e25ac938b47 (2).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits. I’m sorry I can’t help, but I’m sure someone will be able to.

HI, welcome to the forum. I think the first is a female Black-chinned, in the second photo on the left is a male Anna’s, not sure of the bird on the right. Think more folks need to chime in, I am going to move this to the ID forum to get you more help.

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Sorry but I'm not familiar with these particular Hummingbirds.

Hi DivineFire and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

I lived in Vegas and had to have help with the Hummingbird I have to agree with Lisa on the female black chin not sure on the rest. And welcome to the forum

Thank you , all . I always loved birds used to be able to Id alot in the UK , moved to Arizona and entered a new world lol , first there was the road runner nothing like the cartoon , which sorry to say was my only reference before moving here .
but what sparked my interest was my first sighting of a great horned owl a couple of weeks a go , it was by chance I spotted the wings as it landed on the roof while i was outside , there was 2 young one on the roof one in the tree, amazing it just got better we were visited most nights by at least one of the parents or young , around the same time just as dusk start to turn to night . witnessed the mother take a bird out of the air that was calling in alarm at there presence, she had not been concerned the past 10 mins even with the bird drive bombing her , but it dived at her young and well mum ended that , well I buy a better camera than my phone as just could not get anything more and a blob on a tree and well we have not seen them in 4 days , so I am practicing with regular guests . and looking at the sky more lol

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back