• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with Tunisia (1 Viewer)

jtibbetts

Im going on holiday with my fiancee to Tunisia in early September, and would just like some advice on whats likely to b around at that time of year if possible.

We are staying in a hotel on the outskirts of Monastir, next to the beach, the hotel grounds look to be well vegetated so may attract migrants.

Unfotunately we will probably not be hiring a car, so my birding will be limited to walking or short taxi/bus trips!

Any help would be appreciated, Jared

Hi jtibbets,

We holiday'd in Tunisia for a couple of weeks 3 years ago. Although a hire car would probably be a good idea - especially if you have children with you - public transport is really good and the distances are not that great. We covered a good deal of the country using public transport with no difficulties. Mind you, we arrived on a flight only basis so were not paying for a "base" and travelling around was the plan.

I'm writing this at work so don't have access to the details of the trip but I would think that, using public transport, you would still be able to cover a fair bit of ground while still returning to your hotel in Monastir each night.

Enjoy.

Gordon

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back