• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help!! (1 Viewer)

Please help me identify this bird. I hear it every morning for about 2 weeks now and hace never heard this call before. Its the click kind of a croak then a click.

Attachments

• 20240415_060525.mp4
    12.1 MB
Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

If you post in the Bird Identification board, you might get some help. :)

Hi, first off welcome to the forum. I am going to move this to the ID forum for you. Hopefully you will get an answer soon.

Hi TMack and a warm welcome from me too. I do hope you get an firm ID soon. Blue Jay would fit with that long tail, though, wouldn't it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

I don't beluece it is a blue jay. It is not blue. More like a really dark gray with a lighter belly. He is pretty high in the tree so not sure if it is gray or black

It's a Blue Jay, you can just make out large, pale spots at the end of the tail as well as the black breast band, hint of a crest at some angles. The "it's not blue" Blue Jay conundrum is a quite common one, usually birds up high in the trees as from below none of the blue is visible (all of the blue is on the upperparts).

I agree with blue jay, based on posture, tail shape, and those bright white spots under the tail. They can make lots of interesting noises, and some individuals are very playful and will invent new sounds.

Ok everybody it turns out it is a blue jay. I found the sound on a google search. And when I zoom in on the vid I posted I can also make out there breast band. I have never heard a blue jay make that sound before and we get a lot of them in the spring. Thanks for all the feedback it really helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back