• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi all (1 Viewer)

r1turier

Taiwan
Hi there,

I am returned newbie here.

To say so, b/c I was banned earlier today.

A member posted his Swaro for sale. I'm interested so I PM'ed him and made an offer and would like to pay through PayPal.

He said I am scam and I tried to be clear. Then a few minutes later I was banned for no specific reason.

I do wonder by what standard can an action be regarded as scam.

Maybe I made some misleading actions? And how to do transactions "correctly" here?

Actually I never buy anything directly from individuals abroad. Only a few time in Amazon.

I do want to purchase binos here. The local retail price is way too high!

Thanks for your time.
KC

PS, isn't PayPal a safe way to secure the rights of both seller and buyer?

BTW, I am from Taiwan.

Living in urban area, and being near retirement age, I just start birding recently, a total newbie!

Me and my wife visited Takamatsu Japan last December. I brought Curio with me and had watched some birds. A real sidekick fun.

There are some rare birds here in Taiwan, though I still have no chance to watch them personally.

Here is a reference:

Birders are more than welcome to Taiwan!

Best regards,
KC

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hola! Welcome to Birdforum (y)
My name is Michael Fitzgerald. I assume you are a moderator. I just had an add canceled because I forgot to post a price and had not posted for ten years. I would be glad to talk to you or another moderator to show that I am not a scammer. Let me know what I need to do.

Thank you for you time.

Michael Fitzgerald

My name is Michael Fitzgerald. I assume you are a moderator. I just had an add canceled because I forgot to post a price and had not posted for ten years. I would be glad to talk to you or another moderator to show that I am not a scammer. Let me know what I need to do.

Thank you for you time.

Michael Fitzgerald
Hi Michael and welcome back to Birdforum.

Unfortunately you have become a victim of a new way that scammers are trying to gain access to Birdforum. They try to find an account that hasn't been used for many years and see if they can gain access to it by trying old passwords for the user (probably the same one across many accounts). This way they circumvent the New Member Restrictions (see below*).

The only way that Admin can check that 'you' are legitimate is to disable your account which means you have then to contact them to re-activate your account. There is a Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

I hope this helps.

*New Member Restrictions:
In an attempt to prevent certain abuses of our site, new members have a handful of minor restrictions placed upon them until they have made 10 forum posts (gallery comments do not count) AND have been a member of the site for 5 days. The following minor restrictions apply to new members who have not qualified with the above criteria:

Creating a Signature, Uploading an Avatar, Creating a Blog, Editing their posts after 30 minutes, Editing the Opus, Creating a 'For Sale' thread and Voting in polls.

The time will soon pass, I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back