• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi, from a new member (1 Viewer)

Plumtreelad

England
Hi, I am a photographer looking to get more knowledge of Birds and Waders in the UK. I live in the Midlands near Nottingham. For example, I took this images at Mimesmere in August and I am having trouble identifying it. AT first i thought it might be a `little Stint but I understand that these are rare un the UK. Any help with an ID would be very welcome.Little Stint.jpg

Hola Plumtreelad! A warm welcome to Birdforum from all the staff and moderators (y)

Looks like a young gull to me. Maybe you can post this photo for ID at our "Bird Identification Q&A" section here:

Sorry Fritz... didn't see your post... I've moved the thread to the ID forum.

Hi Plumtreelad and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about and will hopefully be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Hi and welcome in @Plumtreelad 👋 I joined fairly recently for very similar reasons although I hesitate to call myself a photographer 😀 I tend to walk a lot, always with a camera and that's when the Forum comes in..... "What was that?" Enjoy, I do.

Hi, I am a photographer looking to get more knowledge of Birds and Waders in the UK. I live in the Midlands near Nottingham. For example, I took this images at Mimesmere in August and I am having trouble identifying it. AT first i thought it might be a `little Stint but I understand that these are rare un the UK. Any help with an ID would be very welcome.View attachment 1473971
Salutations! And welcome! Nice pic! Agee with, Alexander and the rest... Imm Black head. I thought it looked like a Stint, as well, at first! 🤔 😟 😲 ☺......... Still learning!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back