• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi There! (1 Viewer)

NJbirdnerd

United States
Hello all, Ryan here. Im a new bird nerd from NJ. Ive always been fascinated by birds (and nature and outdoors in general) and being stuck at home during COVID really helped push me over the nerd edge. Im sure many here are in that same boat. But I can remember growing up as a child with various bird themed coloring books and they were always my best works. The blue jay and cardinal were always a childhood favorite but none more than the baltimore oriole (born and raised in DC/MD). Today my biggest fascination is with the hummingbird. I track their migration each year, just waiting for the first reported sighting nearby. I had my feeders up early and thought for sure with last years mild winter that they would be on the move early. To my surprise the arrived at my feeder the exact same day as last year. Amazing how that works. The hummingbird is what brings me here today. But I have some other favorites as well such as wood peckers (red bellies, hairy, downy, and even the northern flicker). They are another fascinating creature and I can watch them at my suet feeders all day long. My family has also taken to birding curiosity but not to the same level as myself. So here I am. Looking forward to browsing the forum and posting from time to time. Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Ryan and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Sounds like you've landed in the right place for your interests LOL

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, Ryan. Welcome to the forum I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Seems like you have caught the bird watching bug (it is a good one to have).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back