• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New member saying hello (1 Viewer)

Micah Allen

United States
I'm Micah! I currently live in Janesville Wisconsin but am originally from Huntsville Alabama (the weather difference is ouch, I'm still struggling with winter birding here) I recently got into birding earlier this year in around June. I've always loved watching random nature documentaries and saw Extraordinary Birder when it showed up on Disney+, and my curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to give it a try myself and just totally fell in love with it.

My favorite spots to go birding are state wildlife areas because it's so much fun to go off the beaten path and trudge through tall prairie grasses and shorelines and such, though lately with hunting season starting up I've been sticking closer to home in state parks just because all the rifle shots make it hard to concentrate and relax. My favorite birds globally are fairywrens, which don't exist here unfortunately, but my favorite American birds are Limpkins (we actually got a bunch up here in Wisconsin recently! I was so excited!)

Let's see... not sure what else to say? Some non-birding stuff about me, I love DC Comics and I'm always reading comics (favorite heroes are Hourman and Phantom Stranger) I make artwork out of Perler beads, and I'm a huge Trekkie. I also once attempted to go squatching in the Upper Peninsula, though alas I never found a sasquatch.

Hi Micah and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of birding. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back