• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hibreed duck from Tokyo park (1 Viewer)

Sujitkumar

India
Need to know what kind of hibreed is this.
Any probability of a breed between Ferruginous duck and Common Pochard? No further angel is available.

The photo was snapped on 31 December at a Tokyo park

Attachments

• 071A1581.jpg
    071A1581.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
Hi,
In this case, could you name the park?
Maybe there are other records of the same bird in ebird or inaturalist, with even the bill showing maybe.
It seems too light mantled for Pochard x Ferruginous, but that is probably within range of the options for this hybrid.

edit: this brown Pochard x Ferruginous showed up less than a week ago: https://ebird.org/japan/checklist/S157200874

cheers,
G

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your quick response.
The photo was taken at Mizumoto park, Tokyo on 31 December.
I have reported to eBird on the same day but received no feedback till date. I found the eBird, Tokyo is not so prompt to get back. Borders here are more vocal, comfortable and engaged in Japanese platforms. So it has become too difficult for me to solve issues related to birds ID.

Hi,
In this case, could you name the park?
Maybe there are other records of the same bird in ebird or inaturalist, with even the bill showing maybe.
It seems too light mantled for Pochard x Ferruginous, but that is probably within range of the options for this hybrid.

edit: this brown Pochard x Ferruginous showed up less than a week ago: https://ebird.org/japan/checklist/S157200874

cheers,
G
Yes, it's the same park after four days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back