• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hobby? - Hertfordshire, UK (1 Viewer)

ianrose82

I initially thought I'd seen a pair of Peregrines but upon closer inspection of the photos, I'm now thinking Hobby? They were a long way off so the photo is not brilliant.

Attachments

• IMG_3496BOP.jpg
    IMG_3496BOP.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 215
IF the usage had been for the thing most of us do (have the hobby of birdwatching, having several hobbies) then you are certainly right. I am curious to see if the majority thinks it is the same thing for a bird that happens to be named a Hobby. You could argue that hobbies here would denote several species each called Hobby, but that is probably far out there.

Niels

There's a rule, if the second to last letter is not a vowel, the plural ends 'ies' so

Husky = Huskies

Monkey = Monkeys

I hope I didn't just make a tit of myself there, I think this is right.

A

So Eaglies, not Eagles? Or Buzzardies, not Buzzards? 3:)

Although I do like Duckies, rather than Ducks.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back