• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How does the Weather effect Birding? (1 Viewer)

mattwhite

Hi All

As I have said in previous posts I am fairly new to birding.
I have planned all week for a trip to Newton Bewley and possibly the Seaton Carew tomorrow (Saturday). Looking at various weather web sites it says that tomorrow is going to be cold, foggy and overcast!
I was wondering if you would still go birding in these conditions?
This weather dosen't put me off, I dont mind going out in all conditions but was wondering if it is worthwhile.

Matt

to be honest i go out in all weathers, have been out in the rain this morning and there are lots of gull and wildfowl on the water at rspb saltholme, and the garden birds are happily feeding at the feeding stations, so there is plenty to see

I go out birdwatching in most types of weather but i think the worst sort of weather is when it blowing a gale.Most birds tend to keep low and shelter in weather like and you tend not to see many birds especially passerines.If we get gales from the North or Northeast i normally do seawatching.And if it raining its a good idea to go to a site where there are plenty of hides so that you dont get wet.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back