• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hybrid ducks (1 Viewer)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
Every now and again I come across a smart hybrid duck and maybe it is worth having a thread to draw together sightings and photos.

Craig Howat and I found this one at Rutland Water yesterday - seems fairly obviously a male Pochard x Red-crested Pochard unless anyone has any other ideas. It is Craig's photo.

Nearby there is a probable Eurasian x American Wigeon but no photo yet: it has the eye patch green with the creamy yellow of the face curving round below the green. Otherwise like a male Eurasian.

Steve

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 69
Nice idea Steve. Unfortunately I've not seen any hybrids besides the standard domestics, so I can't contribute much.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back