• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I bird has built a nest i our window (Thailand) (1 Viewer)

Rasamus

Thailand
Hi!

A bird has built a nest in our window in Thailand. Four chicks have hatched. They may be three weeks, possibly more, but in the last week they have grown a lot.

The question is whether they manage to get out on their own for their own machine? The mother seems to have stopped feeding them now. Do not want them to die.

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_103841.jpg
    IMG_20220604_103841.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220603_152432.jpg
    IMG_20220603_152432.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 11
Welcome to BF.
The adults can get in and out, so the young will be able to too.
Looks like a species of myna - probably common myna.

Last edited:
Hi Rasamus and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Butty will be correct, if the adults can get in, then the young ones should be able to get out. It's likely the adults are nearby and possibly calling to them trying to encourage them to leave the nest. This should only take hours.

Can you monitor the situation and try to make sure that cats are discouraged away from the area. If necessary is there a wildlife rescue organisation who could assist, as I suppose it's possible that something may have happened to the adults?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits. I am sure the chicks will find their way out.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back