• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I have no idea? (1 Viewer)

Spiekeries

What will this be? I cannot find the white lines on the wing. Books tend to give more attention to the male birds. (If this is a female.)

Attachments

• ID.JPG
    ID.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 202
I did try the juv. common fiscal but the pattern on the wing look different. Unless the drawing is not accurate.

As for size, the metal tube it is sitting on is 50mm diameter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-23-17-04-26-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-23-17-04-26-1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 131
Date can eliminate a migrant bird and this is also a juvenile so timing is relative to ID there as well.

There isn't really anything else this could be other than Common Fiscal.

Andy

The "V" patern on the wing is visible on some other pictures as well but not as pronounced as the one I took.

So I agree with your finding. Thank you for the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back