• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I saw a Great Grey shrike (1 Viewer)

ROBL250

The now popular Shrike at Chapel-en-le-Frith is a rare thing to see, but I saw her alright, I was coming down the A6 embankment towards the road and I just crossed half way when I saw her come out of the bushes.
There were a few spotters about, but they had either walked father up the embankment, or had walked-off.
I knew it was her the second i saw her, she had a Black back, with a white patch on either side of the wing, plus she had the unmistakable long rounded tail.
I observed her for 20 seconds before she disappered into a field next to the road, where I spent 2 hours searching for her, but she had either gone, or was very well hidden.
I met 2 other bird-spotters on the way back, we had a look around, and still no sign of her.
They said I was very lucky to have seen her, and I left Chapel today feeling very happy that I did.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back