• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help please - Radde's Warbler - Phylloscopus schwarzi ? (1 Viewer)

jbpixels

or Phylloscopus fuscatus (Dusky Warbler). I believe Radde's Warbler but I am not sure.
Doi Inthanon NP (Thailand), summit area, January 2020.
Thank you in advance. (y)

Attachments

• Laubsänger warbler (Phylloscopus schwarzi oder fuscatus).jpg
    Laubsänger warbler (Phylloscopus schwarzi oder fuscatus).jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 92
Certainly has a Radde's 'feel'; shorter, stouter bill & more robust legs & feet than Dusky.

RB
It's not a Dusky Warbler (unlikely at this elevation in any case) but one has to consider Yellow-streaked. Differences from Radde's are at best subtle, virtually identical in plumage terms though there are slight differences in structure, confirmation usually requires vocalisation. In this instance, my gut feeling is Radde's, based on a combination of rather stout bill, strong legs and shortish tail.

Grahame

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back