• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Image resizing (1 Viewer)

geordie121

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anyway or any free software i can use to reduce the file size of my digital camera pictures so i can post them on the web? I used to use Microsoft power tool image resizer which was great but ive since got a new PC and got vista and it doesnt work on it. Any sugestions?

Cheers Geordie:t:

You could also try photofiltre (watch the spelling)-it is very easy to upload the chosen picture, select 'image' then 'image size' and use the box to put in 800. Takes just seconds.

Try looking at FastStone - it's free and pretty wonderful - lots of people use it - very easy and very quick.
Also look at FastStone Capture which cost a small amount but worth every penny.

See < www.faststone.org/ >
possum

Try looking at FastStone - it's free and pretty wonderful - lots of people use it - very easy and very quick.
Also look at FastStone Capture which cost a small amount but worth every penny.

See < www.faststone.org/ >
possum

Another vote for Faststone....so easy to use; very user friendly and a good photo storage programme too. You can also download a free tutorial which has very clear instructions. I just click on "quick resize" 600x800 after playing with the image in photoshop and it's perfect for uploading to BF.

Joanne

I prefer XNView over Faststone. Its print dialog is much better. Otherwise, they are very similar.
( http://www.xnview.com/ )

Of course, you can also use the very popular IrfanView ( www.irfanview.com/ ) for resizing.

Robert, was that a joke about "just using Photoshop"? This is anything but free.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back