• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

this one is outstanding for me

and I have a lot of fear for spiders

Ahhh....the fears from distant times..! It is amazing the 'luggage' we humans carry around from our 'beginnings'....[i think we carry more from our distant past than we know]....:cat:

Snakes are another 'biggie' in the phobia department too....[i found a snake when i was very young and was not fearful...just fascinated]...!

Glad you like that spider-light image Gaby...it is more about the sun of course...[spiders webs catch more than flies]....

ps..[Tim]...i am often asked what planet i'm from...or 'on'...;)....chuckle..!

I have one of the strangest irrational phobias: Moths and butterflies. I can handle snakes and spiders without problem, but I freak out if there's a moth fluttering around me :eek!: They make nice drawing subjects, though!

Now these spiderweb images are really cool! You captured the reflecting light in the right places ;)

I have one of the strangest irrational phobias: Moths and butterflies. I can handle snakes and spiders without problem, but I freak out if there's a moth fluttering around me :eek!: They make nice drawing subjects, though!

Now these spiderweb images are really cool! You captured the reflecting light in the right places ;)

Moths i can understand...but butterflies Rodrigo....? :eek!:

Many folks don't like moths fluttering around their heads but i've seen these same people quite happy to let 'pretty' butterflies land on them...:smoke:

Am very pleased you like the spiderweb images...[i got covered in webs getting those shots]...:eek!:

All the best to you...:t:

Okay...these images are a tad bizarre...but hey...make of them what you will...!

I was out birding/viz-migging the other day and someone, for some reason, had put this rabbit on the trig point....[seemed rude not to photograph it]...;)

Attachments

• 002 - Copy.JPG
    002 - Copy.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 001 - Copy.JPG
    001 - Copy.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 001 - Copy (2).JPG
    001 - Copy (2).JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 002 - Copy (2).JPG
    002 - Copy (2).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 16
And it probably would have been rude given your talent for making the ordinary extraordinary. The rabbit now lives.

I resisted last time but now that I've seen it twice I have to ask: what is viz-migging?

Viz-migging is visual migration Ken...usually undertaken at some high point...and is basically just recording whatever birds fly over...! In this country, over the past few days, there have been large movements of Swallows all heading south for the winter...always wonderful to watch the comings and goings of these creatures...[and one cannot help but marvel at the distances some species travel]...:cat:

Re the rabbit....i always find the ordinary quite extraordinary and i almost feel obliged to breath life into even dead subjects...

The attached bird had flown a long way....[Sabine's Gull]...and the following pic is just the vast skies with lone birder below at the location of this bird....

Attachments

• 025 - Copy.jpg
    025 - Copy.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 34
Watership Down at all mate?? ;)
I take by reading the next post you didn't actually attempt CPR.....;)

CPR on a dead bunny...?!

Just how weird do you think i am...? [don't answer that;)]...chuckle...!

ps...[MCWmike]...i forgot the model release form....;) Glad you liked that landscape...[i am forever shooting traditional landscape pix...and just lately the skies have been very interesting making for great backdrops]...:cat:

All the best..!

Just a few recent sky shots....

Attachments

• 005 - Copy (2).jpg
    005 - Copy (2).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 004 (2).JPG
    004 (2).JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 28
Yes, probably from the UFO disguised as a little cloud in the centre of number four. And no.2 - never seen so many ospreys in one place. Hmmm, what did I put in that last cup of tea? :hippy:

Mike
www.michaelcwood.co.uk

Yes...it was a large flock of Ospreys Mike...all dressed in 'gull suits'....;)

ps...i tend to put milk in my tea....B :)

pps..[Colleen]....you must know by now that i can never resist my sci-fi tendencies....! Hope you are well....and all the best..!

One doesn't need to visit another planet to see the unusual and alien...:cat:

Yes...it was a large flock of Ospreys Mike...all dressed in 'gull suits'....;)

ps...i tend to put milk in my tea....B :)

pps..[Colleen]....you must know by now that i can never resist my sci-fi tendencies....! Hope you are well....and all the best..!

One doesn't need to visit another planet to see the unusual and alien...:cat:

had a bit of an alien moment round here last weekend- them cunning devils from outer space have been using a rainbow to teleport mysteriously dark cows into the lower meadow

I was a bit nonplussed at first, but then I spotted the yellow transponders in the cows ears

Attachments

• q9 550 cattleDSC_3416.jpg
    q9 550 cattleDSC_3416.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 31
Ed.....that made me laugh...[a lot]...and here's the icon to prove it...:-O

You old sun-dog you....;)

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 23
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back